Friday, February 27, 2009

Front Page News?

Yesterday, I was skimming the paper and the headlines when I ran across something that made me stop. On the front page of the Wall Street Journal was an article at the bottom named: “Silencing the Lambs: Scientists Target Sheep Belching to Cut Methane”.

You might ask yourself, “Why would scientists care about stopping sheep from belching?” I know that I asked myself that question. Well it turns out that sheep methane is a large cause to “global-warming”. Then I thought, “This is front page news? It really must have been a slow day for you Wall Street Journal!” Was there no other news in the entire world that could have been slightly more interesting? Personally, I do not even want to hear that scientists are being paid to figure out how to keep sheep from belching.

After noticing the article, my first instinct was to laugh. “Is this article a joke?” For the sake of my sanity, I am going to say that this article wasn’t even true. Wall Street Journal, you have let me down.

1 comment:

  1. Was that honestly put on the front page of the Times?! Nice post

    ReplyDelete